Welcome to Morning Call for 7 December 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- First of three flight-test A321XLRs nears roll out after structural assembly – Flight Global
- Qantas converting two Airbus 330s into freighters – 9 News
- Airbus planning hydrogen-powered tests of existing CFM engine – FlightGlobal
- Iberia Airbus A330-200 receives damage during parking procedure – Av24
- Preowned Bizjet Inventory Now at 3.2% of Active Fleet – AIN
- IAG Cargo starts a search for 500 new employees – AirCargoEye
- Boeing, travel stocks surge as investors shrug off omicron concerns – CNBC
- Belarus Bans E.U., U.K., Airlines, Western Imports as Part of Retaliatory Sanctions – Newsweek
- Fauci suggests South Africa travel ban could be short-lived – TravelWeekly
Urban Air Mobility
- Embraer powers ahead – Embraer
- SWISS 777 GE-90 engine test destroys noise protection hangar at Zurich Airport – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.