Readers may be familiar with a valuable dataset from the US DoT called the DB1B. This is the famous 10% ticket sample dataset. It is a huge dataset- our model is 688Mb. Please be patient as you go through it, as reaction times might be slow. There is a large amount of information to unpack here. If getting a deeper understanding of the market is your thing, you may be spending hours here. Enjoy our US Air Travel Metric Model.
- Page 1 offers a set of metrics for the main US airlines. Of some interest will be Breeze as it emerges and starts to impact the market.
- Page 2 lists the passenger flow at the major US airports. It is interesting to see just how much traffic the big names don’t carry at some of these places.
- Page 3 lists destinations – select a destination to see the past three years’ worth of changes
- Page 4 lists average fares and you can select a year and airline to watch changes
- Page 5 as above but for passenger flows
- Page 6 offers a summary – you can select a year and airline
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.