Let’s start this post by wishing you a Happy New Year!
Here’s the updated model. Subscribers can log in to see the 14-page version.
- Page 2 shows the recovery picked up steam after an early bounce and then dropoff
- Page 3 shows that Delta helped push SkyTeam to be the most prolific aircraft trader among airline alliances
- Most of that business went to Airbus
- Boeing’s ability to deliver MAXs pushed that model to #3 in transactions for 2022
- Southwest took 65 MAX8s
- United took 34; 16 -8s and 18 -9s
- JSX appeared out of nowhere last year and transacted on 55 ERJs
- Interestingly Delta took more 737-900s (35) in 2022 than A321NXs (21) – making this airline arguably most focused on the single-aisle MoM.
- 2022 was a good year, up strongly from 2020 and 2021 – but still below earlier years
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.