Running a few days late – but here we are! here is our updated model on transactions through March 2023. Subscribers have access to the 15-page detailed model.
- Boeing has accelerated MAX8 transactions and YTD saw 105 transactions. This compares to 96 A320s and 56 737-800s. Clearly, the MAX8 is in demand and Boeing intends to meet that demand.
- Airbus YTD saw 57 A321neo compared to 57 A320neo transactions. We continue to see data supporting the thesis that the A321neo is the most in-demand model.
- Single-aisle models account for 71% of YTD transactions.
- Among lessors, ALC is the Big Dog YTD with an 11% share.
- In terms of regional activity, Europe is at 262 vs 01 for North America. These two markets account for 65% of YTD transactions.
- An interesting tidbit – Delta transacted 10 737-900s YTD. This is the most YTD transacted model for the airline.
- What would a report be from us without mentioning MoM? The chart says it all.
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.