Welcome to Morning Call for October 13, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- Investors eye Airbus Q4 after flat September jet deliveries – Reuters
- Solar-powered aircraft could six months in the stratosphere at a time – SkyNews
- BBJ proclaims bizav ‘stronger than ever’ at NBAA-BACE – AIN
- GE reports record business aircraft engine use – AIN
- Bombardier has momentum even after the fourfold stock jump: CEO – BNN
- Textron unveils next-generation Cessna business jets – AeroTime
- Southwest cancels hundreds of more flights; passengers stranded – AP
- Photo of Gadsden flag hanging from Southwest Airlines cockpit fuels cover-up claims – Newsweek
- American Airlines updates guidance. It still sees a steep revenue drop – Barrons
- Willie Walsh: ‘carbon emissions are the fossil fuel billionaires’ problem’ – Lodestar
Urban Air Mobility
- Rolls-Royce teams with German state and federal authorities on hybrid propulsion – FutureFlight
- Engine first start – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.