Welcome to Morning Call for 16 December 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- Is Elon Musk’s supersonic electric VTOL jet actually possible? – eVTOL
- Boeing barely beating Airbus on 2021 jet orders, but far behind in deliveries – SeattleTimes
- GE successfully concludes phase 1 testing on second XA100 adaptive cycle engine – GE
- GA Groups Appeal To FAA Administrator To Block Ban On 100LL Fuel – AvWeb
- U.S. appeals court declines to block United Airlines vaccine mandate – Reuters
- European Commission extends slot relief rules – PassTerminal
- easyJet signs extensive Virgin Atlantic partnership – BreakingTravel
Urban Air Mobility
- UK’s Bellwether completes first eVTOL test flight in Dubai – eVTOL
- Electra and flyv to Reinvent Regional Air Travel in Europe – Yahoo
- A321neo manual start – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.