Welcome to Morning Call for October 22, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- A Boeing 777-300ER, only 14 years old, flew to Victorville to be scrapped – AirLive
- Boeing says oops, its multibillion-dollar spacecraft can’t handle humidity – The Byte
- Scandanavian Airlines latest to join Airbus’ Skywise open data platform – ABN
- Why aviation’s compass is shifting towards true navigation – Flight Global
- FAA, NTSB investigate MD-87 crash in Houston – AIN
- Lufthansa’s first Dreamliner to be named ‘Berlin’ – Berlin Spectator
- Southwest not done yet with MAX orders – AirInsight
- Why Etihad has broken new ground with sustainability-linked financing – Flight Global
- Demand for PTF conversions is growing – AII
Urban Air Mobility
- Japan Airlines could take up to 100 eVTOL aircraft as air taxi plans for 2025 Osaka Kansai Expo advance- FutureFlight
- Delta MD-88 skidding on takeoff – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.