Welcome to Morning Call for 6 December 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- GE Additive materials unit signs agreement with Airbus – The Fabricator
- Airbus planning hydrogen-powered tests of existing CFM engine, says Safran R&T chief – Flight Global
- FAA requires inspections of 787 for cracking in structural joints – Flight Global
- Super Hornet disqualification was payback for Boeing – Canadian Aviator
- airBaltic Airbus A220 slides off runway at snowy Riga airport – Aviation Source
- Jet in ‘advanced discussions’ with Boeing, Airbus for buying aircraft – Business Standard
- EasyJet adopts a more aggressive strategy to face rivals – City AM
- Top Heathrow investor slams price hikes – Mail
Urban Air Mobility
- FAA issues airworthiness certificate, clearing Archer’s Maker eVTOL for takeoff – Future Flight
- Ascendance unveils design of hybrid-electric aircraft – UAM News
- Man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport – CNN
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.