Welcome to Morning Call for October 7, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- Qantas kicks off 100 plan order – Bloomberg
- Qatar says A350 problem cracked composites – Bloomberg
- Big Tech quietly enter dozens of contracts with ICE and CBP – Insider
- IATA goes after South African airports – Travelnews
- Airbus sees jet demand conquering suppliers’ output fears – Reuters
- Honeywell Sings New Tune with Anthem Avionics – AIN
- Ethiopian adds North American routes – Routes
- United expands in Southern Africa – Travelnoire
- AirAsia converts to A321neo – Aerotime
- BA brings back the A380 – Independent
Urban Air Mobility
- Skyportz and Flapper “put heads together” with Electra.aero – UrbanMobilityNews
- Thunderstorms through a HUD – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.