Welcome to Morning Call for August 17, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- Cobham buys ULTRA – BusLive
- IAI and GECAS begin first Boeing 777-300ER SF passenger to freighter conversion – WorldAirlineNews
- Second US firm in the running to buy aerospace firm Meggitt – CoventryTelegraph
- Rolls-Royce to get £100mln boost from revival of A380 – ProactiveInvestors
- Gulfstream G500/600 OK’d for Lower-mtow Ops – AIN
- Germany to lower stake in Lufthansa – Airways
- United Airlines Tells Crews Not To Duct-Tape Passengers – OMAT
- Frantic scenes at Kabul airport as Afghans try to flee Taliban – Reuters
- Turkey evacuates civilians, citizens from Afghanistan amid turmoil – Reuters
Urban Air Mobility
- Russia Eyes Hybrid Electric Aircraft Propulsion – TransportUP
- Afghan Air Force plane shot down by Uzbekistan Air Defence – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.