Welcome to Morning Call for October 15, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- More 787 problems – WSJ
- Leonardo ditches Boeing supplier – MarketWatch
- Amazon wants long-range freighters – Yahoo
- Rolls-Royce says long-haul aircraft engines will be sustainable by 2023 – Proactiveinvestors
- Universal Hydrogen to start testing fuel cells in passenger jet – FT
- Textron Teams with Xwing To Bring Autonomous Flight Capability to Its Aircraft – Futureflight
- Russian drone maker Kronshtadt to build a prototype of supersonic bizjet – Aerotime
- Singapore brings back A380 – Aerotime
- Norwegian signals end of face mask requirement on Scandinavian flights – FlightGlobal
- How much airlines lose when flights are canceled – CGTN
- About 40% of TSA staff face potential termination for refusing to get the COVID vaccine – DailyMail
Urban Air Mobility
- Stunning view of the volcano eruption from a 737 – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.