Our expertise with a broad range of aviation clients enables us to provide strong added value in due-diligence assignments. We have assisted individual companies, private equity firms, investment bankers, and governments in reviewing the merits of proposed transactions, as well as assignments in which we recommend potential acquisitions based on our knowledge of potential opportunities and key industry players. Examples of our work include:
- Assisting an information technology client provided focus on the corporate aircraft maintenance market to expand their product offerings through developing an integrated strategy for both product improvements and strategic acquisitions.
- A due diligence review of a major Fixed Base Operator for a potential investor that included site visits, a review of financial and operations projections, and evaluation of key personnel. Our assessment led to a successful acquisition and expansion strategy.
- A due diligence review of a manufacturer of a light training aircraft, including a detailed review of market projections, certification timetables, and even test flying the prototype aircraft to determine its suitability for the training market.
- On several occasions, we have teamed with other firms to provide unique industry expertise in bankruptcies, ranging from airlines to business aircraft manufacturers to component suppliers. Our input helped identify potential risks in post-bankruptcy plans and mitigation strategies to improve the chances for future success.
- We have also provided due diligence assessment of airlines for state governments in Alaska and Minnesota evaluating public financial support, including testimony before legislative bodies.
Evaluating and reducing risk is critical in successful corporate development activities. Leveraging our industry expertise, capabilities in market assessment and evaluation, and our independent perspective can help reduce risks.