See the updated model here.
- Orders remain weak this year as it becomes clearer a downturn is coming
- Orders this year are focused on NEO models, the A220 and A350
- Lessor orders are scarce this year
- Deliveries are on track to meet the year target. By far the A320neo and A321neo are the most delivered. Interestingly, #3 is the A350. Airbus has delivered 25 A330-900s YTD.
- Delta remains the #1 customer with 52 deliveries YTD. Noteworthy is the fact that TAP is #3 for deliveries as that airline aggressively refleets.
- Looking at regional deliveries, Europe and Asia continue to account for well over two-thirds of deliveries. We added a chart showing the percent.
- We added a new page this month. It is focused on trying to get at the backlog. With the assumption of the C Series program, we see some negative numbers as the orders were placed with Bombardier but delivered by Airbus. Select a country and/or model to see the flow of O&D.
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.