Welcome to Morning Call for October 20, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
- Meggitt says US takeover will go ahead despite UK government intervention – Guardian
- Boeing’s 737 MAX crisis wasn’t one man’s fault – CCB
- Airbus to discuss A350F at cargo facts forum – Cargo Facts
- Airbus’s embrace of digitalization tightens during Covid crisis – AIN
- Amedeo backs French 19-seat electric aircraft with preliminary order for 200 – FlightGlobal
- Used aircraft prices soar as do deals for IADA brokers – AIN
- Heathrow to raise passenger charges up to 76% – Ev. Std.
- Ryanair hub Frankfurt-Hahn Airport files for bankruptcy – DW
- Southwest Reportedly Won’t Put Unvaccinated Workers on Unpaid Leave – Barrons
- Airlines resuming flights with the A380 after dumping it during the pandemic – BusinessInsider
Urban Air Mobility
- Air One eVTOL Lures Owner-Flown Customers – FutureFlight
- McKinsey & Company: “Taking stock of the rapidly growing future air mobility order backlog” – UAMNews
- Private MD-87 (N987AK) carrying 21 people crashes – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.