The headlines for Boeing keep getting worse. Today, new revelations emerged:
- A tape recording of a meeting between Boeing and American Airlines pilots that became contentious after the Lion Air crash but before the Ethiopian crash.
- Boeing has begun to store new 737MAX aircraft in Texas as it has run out of space in Seattle.
- TUI, a European airline, reported millions in losses, partly attributed to the MAX grounding and needs clarity on a return to service as it adjusts short-term leases.
- American’s CEO indicates that he would fly on a MAX once regulators approve a return to service and American’s pilots are comfortable in flying it.
- Chinese carriers are considering banding together for a joint claim against Boeing for the MAX groundings.
- Boeing reported few orders in April, despite the news.
- The FAA is also being grilled in Congress about the certification process that let the MAX flaws fall between the cracks.