AirInsight US Airline Index
There has been a sharp upturn in traffic in the last week, with the first three consecutive days with more than 1 millions passengers since a year ago and the highest traffic since the beginning of the pandemic with 1.3 million passengers on Friday. This week should be able to confirm whether the upward trend can be sustained – but initial signs are positive.
- New Aerodynamic Rotor Head Makes Helicopters Fly at 248 Mph – Interestingengineering
- Boeing names new head of crucial 737 MAX program – Reuters
- NASA’s First All-Electric Airplane Is (Almost) Ready for Liftoff – RobbReport
- AG600 amphibious aircraft begins firefighting capacity testing – Aerialfiremag
- Goodbye to the original celebrity private jet – Yahoo
- Pilot Describes Conditions in Hong Kong Quarantine Camp – Paddleyourownkanoo
- Spring break surge: TSA reports its busiest day since March 2020 – TPG
- Mystery: American Airlines Flying 787 To Cuba – OMAT
- EgyptAir mulls in-house flights to Israel – ch-Aviation
Urban Air Mobility
- Flying Cars Could Have a Future in New Hampshire With Jetsons Bill – Bloomberg
- FAA’s final drone rules start taking effect April 21st – Engadget
- Final Airbus A380 conducts engine run and taxi tests – Twitter
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.