Here’s the updated model. Click the double-headed arrow for optimal viewing.
- The A321neo continues to stand out. 194 deliveries and 128 orders YTD. This model accounts for 72% of Airbus orders and 33% of deliveries YTD.
- Consider this in light of the MAX10/Ryanair kerfuffle. If MOL wants to demonstrate credibility, he needs to make the switch to A321neo – this is high-stakes poker after all. The current Airbus management does not suffer from the previous Ryanair aversion.
- And if that happens, does Boeing go to Washington for help? The ITC/Bombardier history isn’t from that long ago.
- The A220 is also having a good year, with 21 orders and 29 deliveries in the midst of a pandemic. From not being an Airbus product until recently, it accounts for 8% of orders and deliveries YTD.
- This is another thorn for Boeing’s MAX program.
- The ghost of the ITC/Bombardier case once again.
- Airbus looks rather solid given the pandemic.