Here is our updated public access model. Subscribers can log in to see the fare more detailed model, which has also been updated.
- It is too soon to talk about any trends. Besides the Coronavirus impact doesn’t show up yet.
- Only two months into the year, 737-800 transactions are already at ~23% of last year’s total. The MAX8 issues are plaguing fleet and network planners. These numbers are nearly double the A320 numbers, which tells its own story.
- A320neo transactions are running 2.3 times those of A320ceo. The switch is in full swing.
- 787-9 and A350-900 numbers are down and maybe just a slow start? The dramatic traffic dropoff won’t slow production for a few months as the supply chain deliveries cannot be slowed fast enough.
- We expect to see bigger slowdowns over the next few months as deliveries are delayed and fleets are parked. Airlines have way too much capacity given the sharp drop in demand.
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.