Welcome to Morning Call for August 13, 2021, and the Top Aviation News Stories for today. You can also search our Archives for older news stories by date.
AirInsight US Airline Index
US domestic air traffic had another down day yesterday, with 1.7 million passengers for the second consecutive day after averaging more than 2 million per day in July. It appears that the pandemic, with the Delta variant expanding, is now impacting air travel. We will continue daily updates to track how deep the impact may become over the next few weeks. Our intelligence from airline contacts indicates that near-term bookings have fallen, indicating a more difficult 3rd quarter for carriers.
- India to allow 737 MAX to fly again, SpiceJet shares jump – NDTV
- MTU Aero Engines sells Vericor Power Systems – MTU
- Airbus steps up marketing of A220 in China – SmartAviation
- Boeing’s MAX lands in China amid a fog of political uncertainty – Air Current
- Ampair starts UK hybrid-electric flight trials in Scotland – FutureFlight
- Popular Blackhawk powerplant STC list passes thirty – BAN
- Spirit pilot and flight attendant describe flying empty planes and being stranded for days last week – Business Insider
- JetBlue launches A321LR narrow-body transatlantic service- AIN
- Frequent flyers should pay more to save the climate – Good Men Project
- Emirates Airlines hits with commercial on top of the world – Entrepreneur
Urban Air Mobility
- Transcend partners GE Aviation, engine suppliers for groundbreaking Vy400 high speed VTOL- UAM News