Here’s the updated model.
- Both OEMs saw a good recovery
- Boeing won more orders, but it is unclear how many of the 2021 orders were rolled from last year
- Airbus won deliveries handily
- Airbus and Boeing each have a favorite LCC; IndiGo and Ryanair respectively
- Page 5 & 6 – here we see Boeing’s dominance in freighters playing a pivotal role. And why Airbus decided on the A350F.
- Page 8 highlights the A321neos dominance of its segment
- Page 10 shows how the MAX recovery helped Boeing’s order book
- Pages 11 through 12 show MoM performance. Pay special attention to MoM 3 – the MoM segment is growing and the absence of a credible (to the market) option from Boeing is glaringly obvious. This is confirmed on Page 12.
Co-Founder AirInsight. My previous life includes stints at Shell South Africa, CIC Research, and PA Consulting. Got bitten by the aviation bug and ended up an Avgeek. Then the data bug got me, making me a curious Avgeek seeking data-driven logic. Also, I appreciate conversations with smart people from whom I learn so much. Summary: I am very fortunate to work with and converse with great people.