- Debris and foreign objects in fuel tanks that could result in engine failures – with Boeing discovering that about 2/3rds of the MAX it built but not yet delivered had issues.
- Defective manufacturing the eliminated some lightning strike protection from engine nacelles
- Boeing will fund some MAX customers simulator training
- Transport Canada may have some unique requirements
- And even with space, Boeing missed a test on the Starliner Spacecraft
From a corporate standpoint, the company continues to shoot itself in the foot with the media.
- Boeing funded an Al Sharpton rally in North Carolina in its political activities that may be viewed as controversial
- Boeing’s announced changes to its Board were not well received
- The bonus structure for CEO David Calhoun was questioned in the media
But there is good news for Boeing as well:
- ANA placed an order for new 787s
- Boeing is taking advantage of the 737 production downtime to improve manufacturing processes
- Boeing reaches accord with MAX engine manufacturer CFM
Subscriber content – Sign in
[maxbutton id=”1″ ] [maxbutton id=”2″ ] [maxbutton id=”4″ ]