As we dig deeper into the US airline operations in 2020 we have another model to share with readers.
How to drive the model :
- Select an airline. If none is selected, it defaults to all.
- Select regional or single-aisle aircraft. We have excluded twin-aisles from the model.
- As selections are made the model updates.
- Note that in any field you click on locks that field and updates all other data points displayed. To unlock it, click that data point again.
Some things to notice –
- Not every aircraft type is doing the same work. Some tail numbers are extraordinarily busy. For example, the table that lists the airline fleet offers a useful guide. i.e. At Delta, the A220 accounts for 3.7% of the fleet but is operating around 6% of the airline’s domestic schedule.
- At JetBlue, we can see they are cutting back E190 operations.
- At United, there seems to be less use being made of the 737 fleet.
Looking forward to reader feedback.